No. 1 in Japan. 45,000+ members have sent 425,000+ messages since 2012.
Free to use! Start conversations with two new people a week. No limit on replies.
Safe and secure. All profiles approved by OMJ staff. People who break the rules get kicked out.
Find people who share the same goals. Select your goals from among friendship, language study, romance, teaching, and travel. The site features change based on the goals you choose.
Join free now
Example: Select romance and OMJ becomes a dating site.
Don't select romance and people who want romantic relationships won't see you.
Who joins Oh My Japan?
- 40% Japanese, 60% non-Japanese
- 54% male, 46% female
- Ages from 18 to 102
- 71% interested in studying foreign languages
- 48% looking for romance
- 17% are teachers (both professionals and volunteers)
- 8% act as tour guides (both professionals and volunteers)
Made for Japan
- All site features have been translated into English and Japanese to welcome members from all over the world.
- Japan-specific profile questions about blood type, language ability, and why you are interested in Japan.
- Search for people with hobbies that originated in Japan like karaoke, ikebana (flower arrangement), kimonos, cosplay, anime, manga, and more.
- Why Oh My Japan is unique.
What do you want to do?
- Meet new people who share your hobbies and interests.
- Find people who live near you or make friends online.
- Find a language teacher.
- Meet native Japanese speakers for language exchange.
- Find JLPT study partners from your country.
- Introduce your services to students interested in paying for lessons.
- Volunteer to teach motivated students.
- Find a date, long-term relationship, or spouse.
- Whether straight, gay, or bisexual, OMJ welcomes you and helps you find a match.
- When you find someone, let the world know with the Kokuhaku Button.
- Romance features are optional and can be completely disabled.
- Serve as a tour guide for Japanese people who visit your hometown.
- Meet a native Japanese tour guide for your trip to Japan.
- Be a volunteer or get paid.
- AirBNB and CouchSurfing members can link to their profiles.