The Golden Rule
- Be honest and kind to other members of the site. As long as you are able to do that, you shouldn't have any problems using Oh My Japan.
- Respect other members at all times.
- Rudeness, threats, personal attacks, harassment, stalking and the like will not be tolerated.
- You must be 18 years of age to use this site. If you’re under 18, please be patient and join the site after your 18th birthday. If you discover a person under 18 using this site, report them to us so that we may take appropriate action.
- You may not make an account for your business or organization. While you can make a teacher profile, such profiles are for individuals only.
- You may only register for one account. Registering multiple accounts is not permitted for any reason.
- You are solely responsible for the content in your profile and the messages you send on this site.
- Profiles must be created only for the purposes listed when joining this site. Members of the media and researchers are not permitted to use Oh My Japan for journalistic or research purposes without the express written permission of Oh My Japan, Inc.
- You do not need to provide your real name. However, all other information you provide in your profile must be truthful and accurate.
- Do not attempt to add or show any personal contact information (e-mail address, phone number, Facebook ,Skype or Line account, URLs to websites with contact info) on your profile.
- Do not impersonate others (celebrities, etc.)
- Do not use any other user’s personal information without their express prior consent.
- Please ensure your messages are respectful. Members whose messages are reported for abuse may be warned or have their accounts removed.
- Do not send romance-related messages to anyone who does not have "romance" listed as a goal in their profile.
- Do not spam other members.
- Do not include pornographic, threatening, obscene, or harassing content in your messages for any reason.
- Do not advertise any type of MLM. Any promotion or recommendation of MLMs may result in the termination of your account without warning.
- Do not request money from other members for any reason.
- When sending your first message to another member, write a unique message. Do not send multiple members the same message by copy-and-paste; this is spam. Even messages that are not 100% identical may be recognized as spam if they are too similar.
- Use extreme caution before sharing your personal information (name, e-mail address, Facebook name, phone number, etc.) with other members of this site. Oh My Japan allows you to share your personal information with other members to further friendships. However, we cannot and do not assure you that it is safe to make direct contact with other members.